WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH SELF CARE?
WHAT IS SELF CARE?
Todays men & women are more beauty conscious than ever before. But isn’t self care & self efficacy kind of a step in the right direction? We think so!
Looking after yourself shows pride & respect for the most important person in our lives – ourselves. Feeling good on the inside radiates through your behaviour. Form a holistic & proactive approach to care for yourself. Improve satisfaction & longevity through nourishing ourselves & showing others the same respect. We need to learn to love ourselves & be happy in our own skin.
WHAT ABOUT SELF EFFICACY?
Following an increased growth in self-awareness, there is a greater need for self efficacy. According to the Self Care Forum:
“The actions that individuals take for themselves, on behalf of & with others in order to develop, protect, maintain & improve their health, wellbeing or wellness.”
HOW’S THE BEAUTY INDUSTRY INVOLVED?
In the interest of promoting good health and the care of oneself, the beauty industry has grown exponentially. We don’t necessarily think this is a bad thing, but we do hope that the beauty industry is leveraging the growth to form positive associations between self care & self worth. Self care goes far beyond looking good. Its an overall adoption of a proactive approach to improve wellbeing.
Sometimes we are so focused on the wellbeing and happiness of others we forgo noticing the changing emotions & feelings of our own lives. Set yourself up to have a damn good day & nourish yourself. Become a more confident, headstrong individual, show pride & care in all that you do.
WHAT ARE SOME SELF CARE TIPS?
It’s the simplest things that can make huge changes to our overall wellness. Some easy starting points to creating a self care plan include.
- Get enough sleep. ‘Enough’ is what your body needs to perform at its best. This varies from person to person. You know your body!
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a balanced diet improves – well, everything.
- Take your lunch breaks. You deserve the break! Go for a walk, eat your lunch outside, read a book. Get away from your desk!
- Go for a walk. Simple. Have you tried a mindfulness walk? Game changer.
- Use your sick leave. Its provided for a reason. Not feeling 100%? Take some time for you & return when your back feeling & performing at your best.
- Make time to exercise. The key is finding something you love!
- Try meditation. A few minutes a day helps to alleviate stress & gets you performing mentally.
We at Kelp & Co. encourage all men & women to show themselves the care they deserve. Paying attention to their physical & mental wellbeing by checking in with themselves. Self care starts & ends with you!